Asset Resolver For Nuke using FnUsdAbstraction

Hi!
Does anyone here been successful with building an asset-resolver for nuke?
I tried the excellent example resolvers shared by @LucaScheller, Thanks!, and had these up and running in Houdini with ease.
I also managed to modify the cmake files of the same asset-resolver to work with a standalone USD build.

Now trying to figure out how to do the same thing with Nuke was a different story…
Looking at the Nuke forums they suggest to build a standalone USD and then compile a wrapper? called FnUsdAbstraction.

I tried this but don’t know what to expect. Doesn’t look like things are working…
So has anyone been successful with this FnUsdAbstraction?

I just replied to a thread on the Foundry forums, but thought I might as well have a go here.

Heres the thread:
https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/161734/build-usd-asset-resolver-for-nuke#1247517

And heres another one discussing the same FnUsdAbstraction:
https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/161680/building-the-new-plugins-against-a-studio-s-own-version-of-usd

Thanks!
/Erik

Looking at the Nuke forums they suggest to build a standalone USD and then compile a wrapper? called FnUsdAbstraction.

Building FnUsdAbstraction is only necessary if you are building your resolver plugin against a custom USD that’s different from the one that Nuke ships with, which is 23.05 for Nuke 14.1/15.0.

Otherwise you should be able to compile the plugin against USD 23.05 and link it with the 23.05 libs located in the Nuke install directory. At the moment the USD headers for 23.05 are -not- delivered with Nuke so you need to get those.
You’ll want to link against the USD libs delivered with Nuke since there’s no guarantee that linking against another set of 23.05 libs will work at runtime - USD doesn’t like to have multiple versions of those libs loaded in the same process.

Since the resolver plugin is a USD thing and not Nuke it needs to be added to USD’s plugin path - it will not be found if it’s just in the Nuke plugin locales.

Cheers,
-jonathan

(edit - misstated USD version for Nuke 14.1/15.0)